Homemade small wood stove

I'm looking to weld up a small wood stove for shack/cabin heat. Don't want to spend a bunch on a commercial stove and I want it smaller than most I've seen. Something along the line of Cabela's Sheepherder's Stove, but I'm not concerned with movability since I won't be carrying it anywhere once built. Any ideas or plans or magic dimensions anyone knows about? Or should I just start fabricating/welding?

I would keep it small, try using at least 1/8" thk steel plate. You might think about some raised grates along with an ash pan door under the loading door. I might suggest some fire brick around the outside edges also to help maintain the heat in your firebox.

I'd look for a piece of sch 40 black pipe the size of stove you want.

Thanks for the input guys- I actually had considered a piece of large pipe as well. I have some plate steel laying around and I'd have to go junk yarding to find the pipe but that is a possibility. Used to be a great junkyard/scrap metal place here that one could wander around in. Unfortunately I think they don't allow that anymore, a real shame. Probably got sued when someone stubbed a toe or something.

I would look for scraped metal and bricks to keep the heat inside. That is an unique building idea. Let us know here at http://www.usfarmer.com how this stove turns out.

Wood Stoves

I bought one of these from ChimneyHeaters.com . I installed and it works fine. Heats my 2000 square foot house. I have the pump connected to a UPS but I am not sure how long the pump will run if the electric goes out. I had it installed all winter and did not have to turn on my Electric heat once which saved me about 200 euro a month here in Romania.

The Electric is not stable here so I had to rush to take out the fire a couple of times because the water pump had stopped and the pressure valves were going off. The UPS will solve that but I dont know how long a UPS will keep my central pump going. I will attach a pic of what chimney heaters are in case you are not familiar with them. The pump is a Grundfos and has three speeds.

Qingdao Yizheng Machine Co., Ltd. is a manufacturer who mainly produce various kinds of farm gates and fences, wrought iron, forged steel, cast iron and cast steel products, wrought iron gate and fence, roll containers , wire containers, forging rigging, chain link, construction hardware, plastic products and various wrought doors and windows. We can also produce according to your design or sample.
    Our company established for 3 years. We mainly exported to Australia, New Zealand, Europe, North & Central America, South America, Africa and other countries in Asia.
    We supply the best products to our customers. And we hope we can develop together with all the customers.