Montana Tractors?

I have been looking at tractors for 7-8 weeks now, as I am getting ready to purchase one. I started by looking for a "good used one", but have been unable to find a good deal on one as of yet. When I do find one I like, it is basically the same price as a new one (JD's, Kubota's, Massey's, etc.). I finally just decided to look for a new one. After looking at JD's, Kubota's, Mahindra's, TYM's (23-hp and 27-hp too small for a 5' cutter), New Holland's, etc, I found the Montana's while looking at a used Kubota. The dealer redirected me to a 3440 HST with loader and 4wd. After speaking with him, I feel like the Montana will hold up better for what I need it for. I am curious what others out there think of these tractors. It seems like the DaeDong 3-cylinder is a strong and dependable engine. Also, for the same price, I'm getting a 4wd loader tractor with 34 hp instead of 25-30. The HST trans and steering, as well as the cruise control are also nice to have thrown in at the price. The price is definitely awesome on this unit, I just wanted to know what the tractor public thinks on these units.

You could probably get a lot of info by going to the Montana board specifically for Montana tractors. A few things to consider are you planning on keeping it forever, are parts going to be available and what is the track record. I have seen good reviews on them but these are a few points to ponder. Good luck on your tractor shopping. Whatever brand you buy I'm sure it will put a smile on your face when it arrives...

A local JCB dealer was selling these for a very short time. I never did get by there to check them out. Now they're no longer a JCB dealer and are now a Case dealership and the Montana line is gone. From what was told to me is they are made by LG. Seem to be real popular in the states of Washington/Oregon.

You may want to compare it to the Kioti CK35 HST if you have a dealer near by or drop by the Kioti forum and ask for a price quote from one of the dealers who maybe near you

i don't have any experience with montana tractors, but my father in law has a ck-35 and it has a very similar engine (34 hp deadong (kiotis parent company)) and have had no problems, it has plenty of power, and is easy to start.

i hope you are able to find a good tractor for your needs.

Take advantage of Kioti's free front end loader deal on the CK35 while you still can, you won't be sorry.

Montana has a pretty good set of backing from what I understand.They have the stated intent to be a major player in the AG tractor segment and saw Farmtrac as being a step in that direction.Basically from what a local dealer tells me Montana will warranty any tractor they sell regardless of who built it.I have used this tractor.I wish I could say as much for my MF tractors.I quit reading the Farmtrac thread months ago because it was just too much BS and wild speculation about not much of nothing.

Montana Tractors and Wells Fargo have teamed up to give you a major league contract, with flexible financing programs and professional service. Montana has a fairly good support from what I understand. They have declared intention to become a major player in the segment of tractors and Farmtrac AG as a step in that direction. It was their intention moose when he made the first offer that their pre-bankruptcy Farmtrac.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodie View Post
    I have been looking at tractors for 7-8 weeks now, as I am getting ready to purchase one. I started by looking for a "good used one", but have been unable to find a good deal on one as of yet. When I do find one I like, it is basically the same price as a new one (JD's, Kubota's, Massey's, etc.). I finally just decided to look for a new one. After looking at JD's, Kubota's, Mahindra's, TYM's (23-hp and 27-hp too small for a 5' cutter), New Holland's, etc, I found the Montana's while looking at a used Kubota. The dealer redirected me to a 3440 HST with loader and 4wd. After speaking with him, I feel like the Montana will hold up better for what I need it for. I am curious what others out there think of these tractors. It seems like the DaeDong 3-cylinder is a strong and dependable engine. Also, for the same price, I'm getting a 4wd loader tractor with 34 hp instead of 25-30. The HST trans and steering, as well as the cruise control are also nice to have thrown in at the price. The price is definitely awesome on this unit, I just wanted to know what the tractor public thinks on these units.
    Why would you think 23-27 HP is too small for a 5' cutter? I run a 5' 3Pt brush cutter in heavy brush behind a 23 HP tractor and a 6' towed one behind a 35HP tractor in the same stuff. I also run a 5' finish mowere on the 23HP.

Rick