Kubota vs. Mahindra

Deciding on a tractor....
    Its between the Kubota B7800 and the Mahindra 2615.

Kubota
    More expensive by about 3 grand.
    I feel a little cramped in the seat. Anybody else feel that way?
    Kubota is more known and been around a long time.

Mahindra
    Fits me a lot better, more leg room.
    Less expensive
    I haven't heard as much about them.

Both dealers seem very good and would provide good service.
    Both have the same options I like: 4x4, front end loader, backhoe.

So I'm looking for your opinions to help my decision.
    Thanks!

P.S. I'm new to posting on this site but I have been reading for awhile. Great site.

I don't know enough about the Mahindra tractors to say, but I can tell you that after 9 years of owning a Kubota - they are great machines. I've always been one to spend more on "good" tools up front and the older I get the more I feel this way. The Kubota I have now will outlast me and hopefully that is still many years away.

The Big 4

Get the Kubota. I would stick to a tractor from what I call the big 4.
    Kubota, New Holland, JD or Massey/Agco. I have learned my lesson.

On may 1st 2000, I purchased my first new Kubota after years of running Internationals. A B7500 hsd w/302 fel. For six seasons we worked that machine like a mule, blowing snow,installing loam, mulch, stonedust, gravel, hogging brush, aerating, planting trees too heavy for the fel. When the motor blew in the bobcat, the Kubota pulled double duty! In October of 2005 I purchased a B3030 HSDC w/ 403 fel. The B7500 was such a good machine, there was never any question, when we are ready for a bigger machine, it would be another Kubota!

Specifications on tractors do not seem to tell the whole story. I looked at the 2615 on paper and it seemed to be a strong contender for me. I saw it in person and the machine I drove had trouble with the loader dumping, but it was otherwise a fine machine, It was not quite as well finished as a MF or Kubota, but with a little mud on it, the differences would not be noticeable. I decided that this was one of those subjective elements: finish and operational issues would bother some folks and not others. While I like much about the Mahindras, I bought a Kubota, but this is one of those decisions where you have to look and see the tractor and decide what works for your situation. Mahindra is clearly a quality machine, so is Kubota and MF ... personal preferance, dealer service, etc.... are important factors. There is no clear BEST it is only what works and seems best to you.

After having owned 2 Kubota's, I'm rather partial to them. The truth is that they are both( Kubota and Mahindra) excellent machines. Which dealer seems the most customer friendly? Is one more convenient to get to over the other? Which dealership appears to have the best customer support? Once you've bought a machine your going to need a minimal,hopefully, amount of parts and service for the life of the machine. Who will be the most capable of providing these services? These are some of the questions you'll have to ask yourself as you shop for the toy,errrr, Machine of your dreams!
    Most of all, buy the tractor that meets your current and possible future needs. If you plan on spending hours in the seat at a time for large projects, the comfort factor increases exponentially. Good Luck and have fun!!

I have had two Kubota tractors as well. I will never buy on name alone again.

I advise try all offerings out there. Do all your home work. The Grand L series is terrific. I would not under any circumstance buy a BX again. The best dealer can only do so much.

If they are local, look hard at the JD, New Holland and Mahindra. What fits best and who will support you best during warranty period and after.